Monday, January 23, 2012

Realization

I am beginning to think I seriously need to get with a good agent.  Aside from being up till all hours of the morning sifting through my emails and working on bookings I really just need to take my career to that next level. The work I have booked so far and have freelanced doing is tremendous for this industry but if I want to be serious about this and really push forward I need to find a good agent. An agent that works for me and wants to see me succeed as much as I do.  I need someone that is excited to go out there and really push for me a go-getter attitude and a hustler spirit. A super-star agent I guess you could say.

I know what I don't want, and I have been in situations like this before with a manager.  I don't want someone who is lazy and doesn't work for me, I don't want someone I feel I can't trust, and I don't want someone that is just looking for the wrong benefits to this relationship and feels they can take advantage of me.  I also don't want to go into an agency and be one of the thirty some on their register that all look the same, I want to be a unique person that they represent and someone they feel good about sending out to auditions.

It's tough to find all of this though.  I have sat through many agency appointments since getting out here only to feel mixed feelings at the end of the meetings. There are so many agencies out here in LA one of every block it seems to be honest yet it is a task to find the right one!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you : ) Keep rocking at life. So happy to see you're still kick some ass on the path you set out on! Much love and you know I'm only a state away ; ) -Lex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you girl and miss you! I lost your number when I had to reset my phone last time shoot me your digits again please. I would love to meet up one of these weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sierra. I read your first paragraph and was prepared to reply, "Why not?" Then I read the second paragraph.

    I am not conversant with this aspect of your industry, so my abilitly to advise on specific issues such as this is sometimes limited. However, I wish to commend you that your thoughts on the subject appear to be sensible and logical - which alone is to be congratulated - and represent a good starting point. Do you have trusted friends and associates who can recommend good agents or agencies?

    Good luck with the search. I hope that the effort - and holding out for the right one - will pay off for you.

    ReplyDelete