Sunday, January 29, 2012

Catching-Up

Whew....busy couple of days.  Auditioning, Chinese New Year celebration, and a date with the Actor's Alliance.

FRIDAY: AUDITION DAY
I auditioned for a new pilot.  The audition went great consisting of a small IMPROV scene and a short Q and A by the director on the topic of me.  Ending well with him insisting that I come back yet again for another round of auditions - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

But the greatest part of the audition was when I was leaving I was handed the phone and told to speak to Al Pacino.  Amazing....and I could not have been more excited to be handed a phone. Al Pacino is one of the few actor's that I actually consider an idol because of how great of an actor that he is.  I have never seen a Al Pacino film where I did not believe what he was saying or doing.  He is truly incredible and for me to be able to spend 10 minutes on the phone with my idol, I could not have asked for a better day!

SATURDAY AFTERNOON: CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION
Cultural events are my favorite so when I was invited to celebrate the Chinese New Year in the O.C. I accepted graciously.  This was a truly beautiful festival full of vibrant colors and traditions rich in heritage and belief.  Guards stood watch at the entrance to the festival wearing blue/gold and red/gold uniforms with high pointed hats and staffs.  The aroma of food and beverages took over upon entering too.  What I loved the most about it is that for a brief time it felt as if I was transported to a different country.  English was not spoken inside of the grounds instead Vietnamese flowed out of everyone's mouths as they chatted religiously about life and next year's aspirations. Which brings me to the other reason I love the Chinese New Year, the Chinese New Year is about wishing happiness and blessings upon all that you love and care about, it's about bringing a whole culture of people together to celebrate a longstanding tradition, and it's about the astrological and mystical elements that we all need to be reminded of again from time to time.

SATURDAY EVENING: THE ACTOR'S ALLIANCE HOLLYWOOD
Wanting to make it in the entertainment industry requires dedication.  Where am I at on most Saturday nights?  Not in Hollywood or LA partying but in Hollywood off of Franklin Avenue at an intensive acting workshop led by Taylor Brooks.  I can also honestly add to this that I have taken more away from this workshop than any acting or theater class that I have ever taken, including college courses through a major university.  This workshop is as RAW and REAL as they come, being referred to as a "Actor's Gym" by Taylor as it is where an actor can come to continue to work and improve their craft much like athletes do when they train at a gym.  It is also one of the most affordable options in the Los Angeles area which is just another reason to love The Actor's Alliance. ( www.facebook.com/theActorsAllianceHollywood )

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds great, being called back for further audition. And how fun, speaking with Al Pacino. I agree that he is terrific, one of the best in his craft. Certainly that has to be a good sign; I can't imagine that they will bother him unless you are under serious consideration for the part. Good luck!

    As for Chinese new year, – 祝贺新年。- Khung hae fatg choi!

    ReplyDelete